|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
Dinner Service groups provide a hot meal each night to clients staying at Pillars shelters. There are 80 total clients each night, and it is our goal to make sure they are fed and provided the fuel needed for the following day. Dinner Service volunteers are asked to provide, prepare, and serve a meal for individuals staying at Pillars Adult & Family Shelter. (The Pillars Adult and Family Shelter is different from Pillars Adult Shelter).
· Prepare a healthy & nutritious meal for clients staying in shelter(you can either prepare a meal yourself at home, bring it to Pillars to warm it up. Or make a meal using ingredients provided by Pillar at the shelter). The suggested serving is 60-70 servings for Adult and Family Shelter.
· Serve clients, buffet-style as they come through the meal line
· Package & label leftovers for late-night snacks and other meals
· Using shelter donations, prepare bagged lunches for clients working the following day
· Clean-up kitchen area and wash dishes following dinner service
How to Volunteer:
|Requirement Details||-Check the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45afa92ca4fd0-202012|
-Must be 7 years or older
-Great customer service
-Be able to stand for 3 hours
-Be respectful of others' situations
-Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
-The group leader should register by clicking on the top right Register icon and answering required questions. Then, the leader should also click on add attendees by entering their names.
- Either attend a training (to arrange one, email email@example.com) or request a meal host while serving.
|Causes||94-Fair Housing Advocacy Homeless & Housing Human Rights Marginalized Populations Poverty & Basic Needs|
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours