|Age Limit||18 and up|
Act as a point of contact for clients, staff, donors, and other community members. Essential to the operation of Pillars, the front desk assistant greets visitors & clients, answers & directs phone calls, monitors the lobby, provides donation intake & assistance, along with other administrative tasks as needed. This is an ongoing and recurring volunteer opportunity. Attention: this volunteer happens at the Resource Center at 129 S. Mason St, not the Adult and Family Shelter.
Commitment: Below is a general requirement for volunteering as a front desk assistant. However, it is subject to change due to many Lawrentians' tight schedules. It can be flexible.
· 2-3-hour shift minimum from 8am-4pm at Pillars Resource Center (Monday-Friday)
Transportation: LU service shuttles are available for both individuals and student groups doing ff campus service. The shuttle runs every Sat and Sun from 9 am to 5 pm. To submit a service shuttle request click here https://www.lawrence.edu/students/volunteer/student-orgs/shuttle. You should fill out this form even if you are volunteering as an individual who needs transportation so the drivers know to pick you up. Please do so at least 7 days ahead to secure seating.
Background check, Training
|Requirement Details||- Attend a Volunteer Orientation to become an official volunteer first. Click here to sign up for one https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45afa92ca4fd0-pillars|
-Pass a background check (during the orientation, details about a background check can be clarified directly).
- Check the link to see the most recently updated possible volunteer shifts and sign up for shifts. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45afa92ca4fd0-adult5
- Shadow an existing front desk assistant at Pillars or receive training so you can feel comfortable by yourself.
- Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Good customer service, professional manner, patience, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Comfortable answering phones
|Causes||94-Fair Housing Advocacy Children & Youth Community Homeless & Housing Human Rights|
|Skills||Care Taker Help w/People|
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours