The Late Night Host provides assistance in meeting the basic needs of clients staying in Pillars Adult Shelter. Through preparing lunches, leftovers, and laundry, the Late Night Host allows the Shelter Client Advocates freedom to provide individual case management to the 55+ clients in shelter, and focus on other aspects of shelter operation throughout the evening.
· Prepare bagged lunches for clients working the following day
· Heat up leftovers for clients arrive after dinner, following work or appointments
· Assist with shelter & client laundry
· Provide donation assistance as needed
· Train new volunteers as they are onboarded
The daily schedule for Late Night Hosts is from 8pm-12am.
If it is your first time volunteering, please attend a volunteer orientation. Link found below.
If you are already a volunteer, click Add impact to record all your volunteer hours as a Late Night host.
Training: Depending on your availability, you will shadow an existing volunteer or member on staff until you are comfortable volunteering in the role alone.
- training( can be arranged at orientation)
-Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you just want to express interests.
- Great customer service skill
- Professional manner, patience, and problem-solving skills
Anthony Schneider wrote on November 4th, 2019
There is a number of students from Lawrence that have made such an impact in the position! I hope to continue to grow the student volunteer corps because of the great example the current student volunteers have set.