· Fill voucher request for clients by accessing donation storage throughout shelter
· Provide donation intake assistance
· Store donations in their proper storage areas
· Date and rotate non-perishable food donations
· Clean and prepare rooms as clients move in/out of shelter
· Assist with new client intake interviews & tours (based on experience)
· Provide administrative assistance (based on experience)
The daily schedule for Shelter Client Assistants is from 8am-8pm, with a 2-hour shift minimum.
After volunteering, Click the top right Add Impacts to record your volunteer hours.
Transportation: LU service shuttles are available for both individuals and student groups doing ff campus service. The shuttle runs every Sat and Sun from 9 am to 5 pm. To submit a service shuttle request click here https://www.lawrence.edu/students/volunteer/student-orgs/shuttle. You should fill out this form even if you are volunteering as an individual who needs transportation so the drivers know to pick you up. Please do so at least 7 days ahead to secure seating.
-Pass a background check (during the orientation, details about a background check can be clarified directly).
-training( can also be arranged at the orientation)
-If it is your first time volunteering then please follow these steps. We want to make sure that you are well informed and prepared to volunteer.
-Be able to lift 15lbs.
-It is possible that you will be your feet for the entire shift doing different tasks.